List 5 places you want to visit.
- This may seem a little strange, but I want to visit Auschwitz-Birkenau, the concentration camp in Poland that Anne Frank was a prisoner at, Bergen-Belsen in Germany where she died, as well as her home in Amsterdam. Back story as to how this got on the list … I first read Diary of a Young Girl in high school. At the same time, I read Jesus Freak and read about the persecution of Christians around the globe. I know it isn’t a happy place, but her story and the history of the Jewish people during World War 2 is something I enjoy reading about, specifically about Jews in hiding during the Holocaust.
- England – I know we can trace my family somehow to England, plus with all the rich history there, who wouldn’t want to visit it at some point in their life? Plus, its the home of Doctor Who and Harry Potter – just another plus.
- I’m a Disney fan so I can’t have a proper list without having the various Disney parks on it. The only ones I’ve visited are Disneyland and California Adventure, so Disneyworld will probably come first, but I’d like to be able to visit at least one park outside the US as well.
- China – going back to that story in #1. A missionary spoke at my church one time about a trip she had taken where they smuggled bibles into communist China. In high school, one of the jobs I saw myself doing in the future was being a missionary to China specifically. I was kind of bummed that I wasn’t able to join my friends in college when they had the opportunity to go, but visiting a country that has been on my mind since high school seems appropriate.
- I toss around this 5 spot to a few different places. Right now its a toss-up between Italy (think of all the wine and spaghetti!) and Australia (my parents live there right now). Another toss-up idea is actually visiting all 50 states, especially Florida, Hawaii, Washington DC, and New York, as well as places I’ve previously lived when I was like 1 years old (Washington and Idaho).
What about you? If you could go anywhere, where would you most want to visit?