Another new year is upon us, and with that comes reflection of the past year and a chance to start anew. If you want to see how last year went, you can check out my recap here.
This year, there are some changes coming to my life. The biggest worth mentioning is that I am starting classes to pursue a career change – from library tech to teacher. I’m not sure what else is in store, but I need some goals to help make it a good year, right?
- Reading – This year I am doing an alphabet challenge (check out my page to see the details and my progress). I will also be challenging the students at my school to do this when we return in January. You can also track my reading log on goodreads.
- Photography – I’m not planning a 365 day challenge again, as I have proven many times I’m not disciplined enough to do it. Instead, I will drop it down to a 52-week challenge, meaning that I will strive for once a week. There are actually two challenges I found that I think will help me achieve this. Continue to follow me on Instagram to see my weekly captures, along with everyday life.
- Writing – I am still planning on doing NaNoWriMo, and will continue to write stories on my own. I’m also planning on journaling, though how that will look like I’m not entirely sure. I’ll be sure to share prompts if I decide to follow something consistent. I feel with the career change coming up, it would be a good idea to keep my head focused and give me an outlet to unwind after what is sure to produce stressful days.
- Health/Exercise – I’m not going to commit to weight loss or anything like that. Instead I will just be striving for a more healthier me.
- Exercise wise, hubby and I recently joined a martial arts studio and are learning Tai Chi (okay, so hubby is relearning as he did it as a child, but I’m new to it). Classes are twice a week, plus a weekly private lesson we share. In addition, we started biking last year and its something we both still enjoy, so when the weather is nice, I hope to continue that at least once a week.
- Health wise, my plan is to increase my water intake (did you know you should drink more than 2 glasses of water a day? I struggle to even get one some days!) and continue to make healthy food choices (does that mean ice cream is off the list?).
- Sewing – I sewed my first piece of clothing last year and would like to continue learning to sew and make my own clothes. Hubby and I have the desire to get back into the Renaissance Faire scene, and I’m pretty sure making my own costumes would be cheaper.
- ??? – This is left blank because I’m sure there is something else I want to do or something I’ve left out, and that would go here. Maybe its something that will come up as the year progresses.
What about you? What’s your plan for the new year? Any goals/resolutions you are striving to complete? Let me know so we can encourage each other!